3/29/10

Change.....

*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*
A.A. Thought for the Day


When you come into an A.A. meeting, you're not just coming into a meeting, you're coming into a new life. I'm always impressed by the change I see in people after they've been in A.A. for a while. I sometimes take an inventory of myself, to see whether I have changed, and if so, in what way. Before I met A.A., I was very selfish. I wanted my own way in everything. I don't believe I ever grew up. When things went wrong, I sulked like a spoiled child and often went out and got drunk. Am I still all "get" and no "give"?


Meditation for the Day


There are two things that we must have if we are going to change our way of life. One is faith, the confidence in things unseen, the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe. The other is obedience: that is, living according to our faith, living each day as we believe that God wants us to live, with gratitude, humility, honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Faith and obedience, these two, will give us all the strength we need to overcome sin and temptation and to live a new and more abundant life.


Prayer for the Day


I pray that I may have more faith and obedience. I pray that I may live a more abundant life as a result of these things.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I was at a meeting and we read the second part of Into Action. I shared about how grateful i am for Alcoholics Anonymous, the 12 Steps, and the fellowship. I have not found such love and caring any where elseFree Basic Smileys!! I was so lost for so long and nothing helped me like AA has and still does. The Big Book have given me a design for living. I came to know a loving God in my life and to have faith and trust in Him. I try each day to the best of my ability to live my life with gratitude, humility, honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. I do fall short, some days more then others. But not as much as I use to.
I wake up , thank God for another day and ask for His help for the day. I also during the day talk to God, thanking Him for all He has given me. Also at night I take a look at my day and thank God for helping me for the good and the bad. I am so very grateful. I have to remember where I came from , where I am today and what I strive for tomorrow. Life is great, as long as I stay out of the way. Self pity can sneak right in on me if I let my guard down, which has happened a few times this past month, due to my health.
I had a long chat with a fellow AA member today and they shared how they also have to remember not to fall into self pity due their health issues and it is nice to know they are not alone and have others in the rooms they can talk to about it. I agreed. It isnt something I share during the meeting, but before and after. The meeting I try and share the solution of HOW I get through the tribulations of my day. Also that I do fall short and it is ok, I am human, and as long as I reconize it and change it next time.
Its all about my attittue and change for me and having a connection with God!


I am grateful today for;
another day
God's grace
God's beauty
my husband
my sons
my family
my friends
meetings
I can be there for others
for a clear head today!
Free Yahoo Smileys
Have a great night
God Bless
PeaceFree Yahoo Smileys, HugsFree Yahoo Smileys & Love DonnaFree Manga Smileys

No comments: