5/27/12

Pork Spare Ribs


My hubby found this rub in the news paper the other day.
I figured since I was making a rack of ribs I would
give it a try. I did half with this rub and the other half with
BBQ sauce.  It turned out great! I didn't use the chipotle powder
as I didn't have any, and I am not one for spicy food.


Sperts Rub

1 TBSP. paprika
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp.  Salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 TBSP. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder ( optional)


Rinse ribs and pat dry with paper towel.
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Rub on meat at least

1/2 hour before grilling. ( I did it over night)


Grill for about 45 mins turning every 10 mins or so.

Store left over rub in airtight container.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Makes enough for 1lb of meat.

Just the right portions of spices and seasonings make Michele Marvin’s “Sperts Rub” by Michele Marvin,Saddle Brook NJ a winning recipe for the Saddle Brook resident who likes to add a little smoky flavor to steak, chicken and ribs.


BBQ PORK RIBS


I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce. 



Poured some on bottom of a baking dish and then added ribs
and poured rest on top. 

Cover it and put in fridge over night.



Grill ribs over coals about 45 minutes or until done;
turn every 15 minutes or so.




I made Potato Salad to go with the Ribs.



Memorial Day
Don't forget why we celebrate this day
Freedom doesn't come Free Thank you to all the men and women who served our country and still do.
God bless

No comments: